The role of central laboratory is in the development and delivering high-quality laboratory testing services in support of clinical diagnosis. A number of different arrangements are there from different departments (Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology). The laboratory performs the tests with the adequacy of the facilities, equipment, personnel, methods and procedures utilized at the facility for analyzing samples.
The facilities provided by the Central Laboratory are:
- 24 hours services for all days including holidays
- Performs tests of collected samples regularly as well as on emergency basis
- A Clinical laboratory part uses blood and urine to conduct medical screening or diagnostic tests such as Blood Grouping, Hemoglobin Estimation, Complete Blood Count (CBC), Urine Analysis by the Department of Pathology
- The tests performed by Department of Biochemistry are Liver Function Tests, Kidney Function Tests, Serum Amylase and Lipase, Glycated Hemoglobin (by HbA1C Kit), Cardiac Troponin-T, CK-MB, Urine micro albumin and micro protein, Eletrolye Analysis (Serum Sodium and Potassium by Electrolyte Analyser, Serum Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus by Semi Auto Analyser). Above all Auto Analyzer is used for the tests.
- The tests conducted by Department of Microbiology are, Viral Markers for HBV, HCV, Malaria by ICT- Based Tests and by Serum Separator
- The Central Laboratory is readily used by the Post Graduate Trainees of this College for their Research Purposes